Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Adventures as a Stay At Home Mom…

 

Now, as a rule, I generally try not to write too much about being a stay at home mom.  I figure that no one wants to hear about my struggle to keep up with the laundry, the fact that we have no garbage disposal hurts my soul, or how I can hardly ever vacuum because Ella is terrified of the noise.  However, there are some fun things that happen while Ella and I are hanging out at home and I thought I would share with you all.

Because of the fact that we are responsible parents, (and want to be able to use the restroom in peace) we have a baby gate separating our living/ dining room from the rest of the house.  Nick being the jokester he is has taught Ella to bang her sippy cup across the bars and shout “Attica, Attica!”.  This is hilarious.  Except during lunchtime when I feel as if the “prisoner” is about to riot if she doesn’t get her applesauce!

I have taken to randomly asking Ella what sounds different animals make.  She does a really good job of answering and I am so proud of her.  However, there is one animal I never ask her about in public  This animal is the duck.  She knows a duck says “quack”, but when she says it, it sounds like c*ck (part of the male anatomy) and that can be a little embarrassing.  This also goes for her ability to say the word “sit”, she tends to add an “h” to it…

My Ella is also the cutest little ham you have ever seen.  Anytime a camera is on she’s mugging in front of it.  This leads to fun pictures and even better videos. (If I can figure out how to post videos here you will see her dancing abilities.  She loves to dance and will dance to any kind of music, including California Love by Tupac and Dr. Dre. My little gangsta!. ).

 

Fall 2011 035  The cutest Minnie Mouse ever!!!

photo   Her future’s so bright, she has to wear shades!

 

  Arrrrrr, mateys!

Here’s to making everyday fun and interesting, even if all you are doing is hanging out at home!  It’s especially great when you have such a wonderful, funny, loving little girl around the house like my Ella!

Until next time…

Paulene

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ella!
    This is a very cute post. I'm glad you guys are enjoying your time together, because I'm sure you've already come to realize...it goes by so very fast!
    See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's adorable! I have four older brothers and I remember them getting in so much truoble for teaching my sister and I how to swear. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Dawn said. She is SO cute! Enjoy every second because in the blink of an eye, you'll be a grandma like Dawn is - almost...

    ReplyDelete