Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cake Pops!

I generally don't blog about food or pastries, there are a million food blogs out there. But, I am so proud of myself I just had to share my latest endeavor with you all. Now, most people that know me know that can cook really delicious food. And I'm no slouch when it comes to desserts...except for cakes! The cakes inevitably taste great but don't look great. Decorating has never been my strong suit, so when a neighbor of mine made cake pops over Christmas, I decided to give it a try. I figured if I screwed it up, no big deal because I could just try on the next little pop. So, I bought the cake pop book by Bakerella and all of the supplies. Here are a few of my first efforts...

The edible ink on the popcorn bags didn't come out as dark as it showed in the book, but it was cute anyway. I think for starting out, the sprinkles are the way to go. And for anyone who decides to try this it's super easy and fun. The only problem I had was that the book said to make the balls 1 1/2 inches, this was way too big, at that size they fell off the stick when dipped and when I stood them up to dry they slid down the stick. I ended up making them half of the recommended size.

Anyhow, it was super fun and I can't wait to make more!

Until next time...
Paulene

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Dawn meant to say "are so cute" but I'll bet they ate good, too!

    They are cute. I've never had them.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete